Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Nano result

Well, I didn't complete NaNoWriMo. I didn't expect to. On the Monday before Thanksgiving, my glasses broke, and I had to go get an eye exam and get contacts. The following week, my sister had a baby and my car threatened to make me get it towed to a repair shop. So, my last couple weeks of November and the first week of December were a big roller-coaster of events both good and bad.

All in all, I got about 7k words written. I definitely need to redo much of it, because it's turning out more like the story to Final Fantasy 7 than anything else. I need to have some kind of outline, or else I won't have any clue as to where my story is going to go. Some people may do better without any kind of outline, but unfortunately, I am not one of them.

I accomplished my goal for signing up for NaNoWriMo, though. I started to write, and I've written more in the past month than I have in the past 2 years.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Jeremiah, I hope things are going better for you since NaNo is over. Any luck with the writing?

    Misti (witchofbreithla)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work with a really rough and loose outline, and then, let the imagination do the rest. I've got major writers block tho:( congrats in 7k words though cousin. ( even if it was a while ago...)

    ReplyDelete