Friday, March 26, 2010

Knight In Battered Armor

I am the one who will stand and fight for you.
I will put your well being before my own.
I will stand up for what's right, even if it means that I stand alone.
I will fight for what I believe in.
I will stand my ground, even though I may be outnumbered.
I will takes hits and fall, and still rise to fight.
I will protect you, even from myself, if necessary.
I will do anything and everything I can to keep you safe from harm.

I will do all I can to keep the promises I make.
I will defend your honor with every ounce of strength in me.
I will sacrifice my dreams before being the reason tears fall from your eyes.
I will respect your choices, even if it means being apart from you.
I will break my own heart before letting any harm come to yours.
I will love you until my last breath takes me away.

I am the one who fights for those I care about with no thought of reward.
I have my share of victories and defeats.
I am damaged, scarred, worn, and pierced from my battles.
There may be times when I fail in my duty, but I will accept the consequences of my failure.
And I will choose to stand tall, and continue to fight.
I am a knight in battered armor.

No comments:

Post a Comment